THIS COURSE IS NOW FULL….DUE TO DEMAND WE WILL BE PUTTING ON A SECOND COURSE ON DEC 2nd
JUST RELEASED….We have had a lot of photographers ask us recently about putting on a course just using Speedlights/Flashguns…on and off camera.. so HERE IT IS!
This course is so much more than using flash, it will give you the techniques & ideas to take your Winter Weddings to another place. Give your clients so much more than you ever thought. Taking place from the Studio outside of Manchester and then on to a local church & nearby location.LOCATION – We are just in the process of finalizing a location for the afternoon shoot. It is looking like we sill start off at Seedfield House in the morning which is in Bury, you can get the metro from Manchester to Bury. Our House/Studio is then 5 mins away. After starting there we will head out to a church and then on to a location nearby. Photographers may then be dropped off at the Bury metro station or may drive. Location will be confirmed tonight.
This course will teach you…
- How to use flash , on & off camera
- How to produce breathtaking images packed with emotion
- Using flash on location utilizing location, color & posing
- Getting the most out of the short time you have at your wedding
- Using speedlights & Lastolite Ezy boxes
- Lighting a room to group shots indoors
- Using backgrounds that you never thought of before!
- A great day to learn all you can about using flash at weddings
- Coping with the ambiance inside for couple shots..
- Shooting in the dark, first dance & cutting the cake, light them all with ease
- Limited to 10 photographers
Photography course snapshot
This one day course will look to teach you all you need to know about using your flash at weddings. No longer should you be afraid of the dark or rain. We will look at how to amongst other things, shoot the first dance, cake cutting, lighting group shots, interiors, speeches. We will also spend time looking at how to create the style that has become Brett’s signature imagery when working with his Bride & Grooms with flash. You will not only leave with some amazing images but also the knowledge to apply it to your own style at your own weddings. Working with OCF you have to be quick as often in the winter months we do not get too much time with the B&G and often no or little ambient light! Learn the techniques that will allow you not to be afraid of the dark, working with a B&G we will look at posing, using backgrounds that you might not have chosen before, using simple off and on camera techniques that will help you in you own weddings. A course not to be missed if you want to keep shooting throughout the winter months and give you clients the ‘wow’ factor images. Just in time for your Winter weddings don’t miss out on a course that will change the way you look at using flash forever..
- Camera ( digital SLR )
- Zoom & Wide angle lens
- Indoor & Outdoor clothes
- Empty cards
- Flash gun (if you have one) We do have some Canon flashes available.
- Lots of questions!
Who is this course aimed at?
Our courses are open to anyone that wants to improve their own photographic technique. Brett teaches in such a way that he makes it easy to understand. So if you are a hobbiest or an advanced pro then you will learn something from Brett Harkness. You will only have to take a look around the site to see Brett’s style or open any of 3 photography magazines this month to see articles from Brett. So if you haven’t been on one of our training courses yet, take the plunge, you won’t regret it!
What photographers say about our courses
David Long- “I just wanted to say a big thank you for yesterday, I had a thoroughly enjoyable day and learnt a lot.I’m not quite a workshop junkie but do love learning and have attended a fair few! I do have to say that this is probably the best session that I have been to. What shone through was the quality and attention to detail throughout the day from the venue, to the models to the quality of information/instruction and the opportunity to learn and shoot – you both did a fantastic job!”
I had a fantastic day and thought it was extremely well organized. Brett you were very inspirational and the information I hope comes in very useful for my future weddings. Kristie thanks for your kind hospitality it was very much appreciated and holding the flash all afternoon. I got some great images and loved every minute.
Thank you again and I will be n touch soon Brett for some one to one training but think the day of shooting sounds good. ”
If you are coming the night before there are numerous hotels within a stones throw of the studio,
Premier Inn – Bury – Only 5 mins away
Hollingworth Lake B&B ( only 20 mins away)
Please note that these are recommendations only. Feel free to find your own accommodation elsewhere.
with BRETT HARKNESS
Cancellation Policy:As our costs for each workshop remain the same no matter how many delegates attend, please note that just like any pre-booked tickets for the theater, concert, flights etc, we are unable to give any refund in the event of non-attendance, regardless of the circumstances. The exception to this is if we have prior notice and are able to put a cancellation place back online AND your place is resold. In this event we will of course make a full refund or credit to you. We also reserve the right to cancel any workshop if there is insufficient demand, especially if it means that our costs would be higher than our income. Please therefore do not leave it until the last few weeks if you are interested in a particular date, as you may find that it has been removed! If we have to remove a date due to this reason then we will look to book your place on a further course with similar content. We require a minimum of 3 delegates on most UK courses for it to go ahead.
Hi Brett, your DVD is superb and worth every penny. I watched the whole thing including the extras and it's inspirational. I think I might have to watch it again to try and take in all the key points and tips! Keep up the good work. and I will see you on one of your London based courses in the near future.”
- “ANDY FOUNTAIN - Hi Brett and Kristie , Thank you so much for the fantastic day you arranged for Rachael and myself on Monday. It was one of the best training experiences I have had as a pro photographer and we came away feeling confident in knowing how to drive the business on. On the way home Rachael said we would be booking a course with you guys on a yearly basis and for her to say this is a big turn around. I think she really saw the benefit in having days like this. Thank you so much again for a life changing tremendous day.”
- “MATTHEW STAINER - "Just a quick note to say thank you for a fun, relaxed, informative, inspiring and a well fed day of top notch training. You have a great set up and love your studio and I would love to think that in a few years I might be somewhere up to where you are right now”
- “JONATHAN FENTON - Brett & Kristy- watched your inspiring real wedding DVD last night and just wanted to say how beyond impressed I was- truly amazing and beautiful pictures! A great insight in to how you approach a wedding. Fantastic resource to keep referring back to! Any thoughts on a course on post production?? Must come back & do another course soo...n!”
Just thought I would drop by and say how helpful I found your instructional DVD. I have my first wedding to do in a few weeks and your DVD has given me a great insight into how I should expect the day to go. I found it full of useful advice and I am sure I will watch it over and over again between now and the big day. So thank you for giving me a spoonful of your knowledge! Thanks again, Pete”
- “STEVE ASHTON - Got our yesterday Brett, Just after returning from the darkest wedding I have ever shot. Despite being a bit sleepy to say the least we stayed up till 2am to watch the DVD..... super job you have done with it. I would say the best training dvd I have ever seen.... Put us down for a copy of the next one you do. Every wedding tog needs a copy of this!!! So nice to see some real quality post production as well.... congratulations to you both.”
A true photographic phenonemon.Brett Harkness is a man in demand